Sunday, January 27, 2013

Clap, Clap, Clap!

Carson is a rock star!  That's not new news of course but what is new - Carson is clapping!!!!!!!!!!!!  What adds to the excitement is - he taught himself!  This was not something we purposefully taught him.  I'd been seeing him do it for a few days, but it took me a bit to realize he was clapping!  

I finally figured it out this weekend - Adrianna was entertaining us with a song, and I began to applause - what shocked me was when Carson starting giving his applause as well!  Was awesome!

We got it on video here.

Very sleepy boy at Seattle Children's
Hospital this week. And yes, he helped me
put on this shirt  :)
Verbally, he is just continuing to amaze us.  He is mimicking and repeating so many words now. He's been mimicking sounds for a long while now - but now he is mimicking words.  It's incredible and so beautiful to hear!  He is moving toward connecting the words with the objects... so far he has "mama" and "Kogo" (aka our dog Kobe) down pat and a few other words.  Love witnessing the progression of communication with him!!!!

Yesterday when his food was gone, without me saying it first, Carson said "all gone" by himself.  Was so incredible.  Of course he wouldn't do it again for the camera, but that's a-okay.

Also showing his rock star abilities - when I'm putting on his shirts, he will now extend his right arm to help me put his arm through the sleeve!  He has done it a few times on his own, or will respond when I ask him to extend it and tap his elbow.  Can't wait for assistance with the other 3 limbs someday, but for now, I'll take the help with the right arm  :)

And just because I love to share about my son - his laugh is incredibly contagious.... tonight I caught daddy cracking him up, on video.  Wanted to share the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment